Sunday, March 22, 2009

GRAND Canyon

We had so much fun on our Spring Break vacation! We took our camp trailer to Williams and stayed at the Grand Canyon Railway RV park. It was one of the nicest RV parks we have stayed at, thus far. They had an indoor pool/jacuzzi and a huge park for the kids. We rode the train to the Grand Canyon and lets just say the kids were in HEAVEN. They enjoyed the train ride so much. We (me and the kids) have never been to the Grand Canyon before and it was Amazing / breath taking -- pictures just don't do it justice. I wish we had more time to spend there we had 3 hours and we could of used at least a couple more. I do have to say I was a nervous wreck with the kids looking over the edges, thankfully no one got hurt. This is one trip we will definitely have to do again.

Before you board the train they had a Cowboy show - so funny!





All Aboard!

Clayton and this guy knew a lot of the same people from the White Mountains. (small world)





This was one of the cowboys that came on the train with us.

Look at that view!






Lots of CRAZY people rode mules down the canyon - I would NEVER!!
































Makayla was tuckered out by the end of the day!


Sorry for the picture over load.

3 comments:

Dave, Tamara and Addysen Mowers said...

So the kiddos loved the train huh? Awesome, I am sure it was a blast? Was the train loud? How long was the ride?

I love Grand Canyon I remember going with Heidi and the kids when we were like 14-15 and it was sweet. I am glad you guys had a great time.

Tam

Jen B said...

I love the pictures! It looks like the sun was out and shining bright! We hardly saw the sun in CA... maybe next spring break we can make plans! JB

loriwelker said...

Oh we did that train ride to the grand canyon from Williams back in 06. We had SOOOOO much fun!!!!!