I LOVE being a baseball mom!
Cody is playing Coach-pitch baseball again for the Southeast Diamondback Little League. He is on the Diamondbacks team!! Last time he was on a team with bright orange shirts, who looks good in orange? Not me. So this time around it gave us all an excuse to go out and buy new Diamondback shirts and hats! We have to support Cody, right?! Of course he is kick'n booty...I swear he is a natural when in comes to baseball, he is so fun to watch. He makes fun of me cause he's better than me. He laughs when he watches me play on my co-ed team.
Who doesn't love going to the Zoo?
All the 1st graders took a field trip to the zoo! Makayla and I decided to meet them there, we had such a fun day. I love watching Cody run around with his friends just being boys!!
** It was a bonus that 2 of my SIL's were there with their 1st graders!!
With my new calling as the Girls Camp Director, I thought I better start getting to know the YW before girls camp. I have been trying to go to a few Mutual activities and making my rounds on Sunday to each class. One Saturday we went on a "Virtue Banner Hike" at the San Tan Mountains, it was really fun. It's always nice to see the girls in a more relaxed setting. I really think I could get use to moving up to YW from the primary calling I have always had.
EASTER!
I love Easter! Easter is always the more relaxing, no stress holiday. I try not to go crazy with the kids Easter baskets and keep it simple. (there are plenty of other holidays that bring enough stress) We had such a good time as a family on Easter. (I'm so mad that I didn't pull out my camera, I was planning on just stealing pictures from my mom, but her memory card ended up getting deleted some how...lesson learned!) We spent the whole day at the park having a picnic, playing kickball, playing softball, playing cosmic keep away, riding electric scooters, playing in the sand, hiding Easter eggs, and just having some plain ol' fun!! Very relaxing. I love my family. We had a ward Easter egg hunt on Friday before Easter since there was no school. It's nice to have my mom in our ward and have lots of cousins that want to come to our parties!
Diamondbacks game!!
Cody's baseball league always offers discounted Arizona Diamondbacks tickets once during the season. We didn't order tickets because we never know what our Saturday's bring. But as the day got closer we started wishing that we would have ordered some. It was our lucky day when we received an email saying that there was a family that could no longer go and was wanting to sell their tickets...we jumped all over it!! We had such a fun day and we learned that we will never skip out again. We decided to make it a whole day of fun!! We grabbed some lunch and then rode the lite rail to the game. We got their really early so we could watch batting practice and try to catch us an out of control ball!! Let's just say we didn't catch one but one almost hurt my baby.. Clayton and Cody left us girls sitting in the bleachers section (where all the home run balls go flying) while they went to get ready for the parade they were going to be in. We were sitting there talking to some friends when all of a sudden everyone yells "HEADS UP!!!" I didn't know if the ball was coming for us or not...I grabbed Makayla and put her under my legs just in case, and let's just say good thing I did!! The ball landed right where she was sitting...I was so shaken up that I packed up and we went to go sit somewhere else until the boys could come back to protect us. (I thought Clayton was crazy for bringing his and Cody's glove to the game....now I know why he did!)
About the parade...the kids in the league were able to be in a parade before the game started and walk around the baseball field, Cody was in heaven!!

McKenzie and Callie with friends.






The only thing I would have done different for this day would be, NOT letting my kids have friends sleep over the night before...they were running on very little sleep. McKenzie and Makayla were out like lights by the 7th inning stretch. So we left the game a little early to beat the crowd on the lite rail home. As soon as we got on the lite rail they were wide awake and hyper. Here they are having a silly face contest.
After picking up our car and on the way home we drove past DQ on main street, I demanded that Clayton stop!! We let the kids order whatever they wanted and then sat on the grass looking at the temple while we enjoyed our treat! The little ones need to go to the bathroom so we decided to go use the restroom in the visitor center. What better way than to end a great day at the temple!!


6 comments:
Hi Guys,
Looks like you guys have been busy having a blast. I love seeing all the picts..of your cute family. The game sounds like a blast. I haven't been on the lite rail yet we will have to try it. Like you said, NO better way then to end the day at the TeMPLE. Great call to stop for ice cream! I am so excited for your new calling.. you are going to have so much fun with the girls. I can't wait to see picts. from camp. Cody is such a stud... he has always been so good at sports.. please email me his game schedule and location of the games and hopefully we can make a few while we are there in April, May and June. Can't wait to see you guys.
Love,
Tam
What a fun post! It looks like you had a great Easter and I totally agree that Easter should not be a high stress holiday. Cody is going to be an amazing baseball player when he gets older. I can totally see him playing in college. It looks like your family had a fun time at the D-backs game! I bet Cody LOVED walking around the field. It looks like you guys are doing great. If you come up anytime soon come visit us.
You are such an awesome Mom great example to me. I feel like I don't do enough stuff with my girls well more Paityn since Lexi is so little. You are great and have such a beautiful family. Can't wait to hang out with you guys in May.
Love,
Steph
How fun! Great pictures. Stacey, you look amazing! Adorable family, as always...miss you guys! :)
You guys know how to have FUN!!! :)
Such a great post! It encourages me to do some catching up! The baseball games look like a blast - and all the outdoor activities are why I do love Arizona. I'm so glad you are enjoying YW and Bootcamp - Whoo Whoo for the Mowers!!!
Post a Comment