Saturday, January 31, 2009

We did it!!

My brother-in-law (Dustin) and I ran a 10K! It was so fun, it felt good physically and emotionally. The whole coarse had pictures of kids that have lost their battle to cancer. It just makes you realize that you don't have life so bad. I thought of my DAD the entire run, I even felt him along side of me telling me I was doing great! All I can say is "cancer SUCKS!" I am proud to be a small part of helping other families effected by it. This is going to be my new yearly tradition, it's the least I can do. Last year I ran the 2 mile this year I did the 10K, maybe by next year I will be ready for the 1/2 marathon. (doubt it) :)













The kids had a great time too! They had face painting, inflatable jumpers, a helicopter and fire truck they could sit in! Makayla was in heaven sitting in the fire truck!

8 comments:

Becky said...

Good Job! You're awesome.

The Welker Family said...

AWESOME!!!

Jennifer said...

I agree...cancer SUCKS!

...bet you'll be ready for the 1/2 mile next year!

The Walter's Family said...

That is WAY AWESOME! I am so glad that you were able to run that. You are AMAZING!

Dave, Tamara and Addysen Mowers said...

Girl, you ROCK! I think it is so awesome that you guys did this.. I am very proud of you.. way to go!

Smiles,
Tamara

Dave, Tamara and Addysen Mowers said...

Girl, you ROCK! I think it is so awesome that you guys did this.. I am very proud of you.. way to go!

Smiles,
Tamara

The Hermyzoo! said...

Okay I have been waiting for your post and then everyone decided to update their blog at the same time and I didn't notice yours was update until now. CONGRATULATIONS! Just reading your post-filled my eyes with tears. I am so glad that you were able to do it, what an awesome experience to go through.

Laura said...

Stacey you do ROCK!!! You look fabulous too. Way to go!