Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Callie as "Goldie"

The third grade had a book report project where they had to pick a book, read it, do a report about it, dress up as the main character, and decorate a pumpkin as the main character. Callie chose the book "Goldie".


Callie really stresses about projects like this...so I asked her teacher at parent/teacher conference how fancy her costume needs to be. I was told to print some dog ears off the computer and pin a tail on. Well when Callie told my mom about the project and told her what I was going to do for the costume, grandma thought that was not ok. So this is what she did....




A little extreme for a book report project, but Callie LOVED it!! I must say for buying the fabric and dropping it off the day before the project was due, grandma is AMAZING!! What would I do without her? Poor Callie would of had to go to school wearing paper ears. :)

I was dying to know if Callie was the only one decked out for the project, so I snuck in and spied. I have to admit I would have felt bad if I sent her to school with paper ears, cause there were some pretty creative costumes.

Thank you Grandma! We can't tell you enough how much we appreciate all you do for us!

1 comment:

The Nelson Family said...

It turned out so cute!! Why didn't WE learn to sew? My kids would have gone with paper ears too, so don't feel bad.