Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Firsts: First day of school and first time riding a bike!

The kids are back in school!! McKenzie wasn't to sure if she wanted to cry or smile. She ended up with the best Kindergarten teacher at the school so I know she will be fine. She had been so excited for the last two weeks of summer and when the morning of finally came she was SO nervous. She wouldn't even let me take a picture of just her before we left for school.



This is her sitting at her desk and not to sure if she wanted to stay. Her teacher noticed how nervous she was so she was kind enough to move McKenzie's desk next to a girl that lives next door to us, to help her feel better. It broke my heart to see her so scared, but Clayton wouldn't let me stay long enough to make her feel better. (he said I was making it worse) My thoughts were with her all day long and I couldn't wait to pick her up and see how her day went.

Well this is her as she walked up to me after school, still not sure if she wants to smile or cry. But I did ask her if she wants to do it again tomorrow and she said YES!! So it couldn't have been that bad.

Well Cody on the other hand...didn't even want us to walk him to his playground. He said he could do it by himself, but we did it anyway. I was amazed how many kids passed by him saying, "hi Cody." No wonder he doesn't need us, he has a ton of friends. Look how handsome he is!


On to Miss Callie...she has come a LONG way since last year. She was still so nervous last year going into second grade, but this year was a lot different!! (YAY!) She just walked right up to her line with a smile on her face! Today (second day of school) I walked with her again and she even walked right up to some girls in her class and stood by them!! (That is huge, for her!!!) I hope this will be the year she will shine, when it comes to making friends and coming out of her shell. She is such a stink'n cute girl and we love her to death. I can't believe she is in the THIRD grade!! What?!?
ALL three kids got really good teachers so we are looking forward to a GREAT school year!

Little stinker Makayla was SO jealous of the big kids getting their pictures taken before school and she would not move out of the way. She was so mad when I put my camera away, she threw a fit for me to take hers. So this is Makayla in between still throwing a fit and smiling. I am looking forward to this year of it just being me and her at home. She is such a fun kid and makes me laugh all day. We are gonna have fun!


This is all the big kids before heading out for their big adventure called SCHOOL! Man we make some good looking kids! LOL!




See Makayla had to be in their pictures!







I thought I would get some good use of it just being me and Makayla at home. I went out to teach her how to ride her big girl bike. Well to my surprise, she just hopped on the dang thing and took off with no help from mom!!! What happened to my baby?





3 comments:

Woodside's said...

So cute! You do make really cute kids! Makayla is so funny! She is so brave to just hop on her bike and take off! McKenzie, Cody and Callie look so cute on their first day of school!

Jen B said...

I ment to tell you I went to lunch with Kimber on the first day... all 3 of the girls were at the table munching away, Kensie wasn't haven't a hard time at all! She was all smiles! The playground was a little more confusing with soooo many kids sharing a few small amounts of shade and only a sparse amount of toys to play with... (pathetic - they need donations!)

Jennifer said...

I feel a lot like McKenzie when it comes to the first day of school...I am happy and sad at the same time. :)