I did it! I deleted my facebook account. I have become quite addicted to the dice game farkle on facebook and it started interfering with my family. I went back and forth for a good week about deleting my account, I was able to find some friends from my Highland High years, stay in touch with my Thatcher peeps and not to mention the friends we made on our cruise this summer. But I decided to email them and give them my email address and my phone number and we can just stay in touch like they did in the olden days before computers. The funny thing is, after I deleted my account I picked up the Ensign and there was an article in there about addiction to online gaming, and steps you can take. I feel a huge weight has been lifted since doing this, like I don't have to sit and try to keep up with people, and now I can hopefully have more time to try to loose these stubborn 10 pounds that just won't go away!! And now my little one won't have to say my mom is on the "pooter" when someone asks her where I am.
6 comments:
Wow woman...that takes strength. I wonder if I could ever do that. I probably waste a lot of time on it too...grrr. Congrats
Ok, so tell me how you deleted your account because I have been wanting to for about a month now and I can not figure out how to do it. Please help! I think it is wonderful that you deleted it and I totally agree with you...it does interfere with the more important things. All I have to say is good for you!
you didnt give me your email address!!!
Way to stick to your guns girl - Maybe we can get some VT appts made this month too! (and that is the perfect "lesson" to share!) You can call/email me anytime, or heck just walk on over for some exercise!! :)
YAY! I love you because now I am not alone! I deleted my facebook account too...but they still send me emails...and people tell me that I am still there....but whatever....in my head...I am DONE with facebook because like you said...it was too easy to get on there and waste an hour or two.
Who am i going to talk to now on there? Congratulations on becoming an aunt again.
Post a Comment