Sunday, January 31, 2010

I did it! London's Run 2010

I was so excited for this day to finally come! I worked so hard for the last 20 weeks preparing my body for this long run. I was very disappointed when 4 days before the event I got sick, I caught a cold and it took me a couple days of laying around to finally start feeling good enough to attempt my last days of training. I knew when I struggled to run 4 miles two days before the event that I wasn't going to be able to reach my personal goals of running it under 2 hours and doing it without walking, but I was gonna do my darnest and try!! I can say I gave it my all, but at mile 10 my body and my lungs were telling me they were done and they needed to stop, so I ended up having to walk a little bit of the last 3 miles. I am very proud of my time giving my circumstances.....I completed it in 2 hours and 11 minutes. I will for sure do it again next year and try to beat my time!

Thanks everyone for helping me out along my journey...especially my mom!! She was willing to watch Makayla while I ran during the week. And a huge thanks goes to my husband, he had to put up with a lot of grouchiness due to me being worn out from training. And thanks for everyone that made it to cheer me on at the finish line, it means more than words can say!!

After a long run like this and coming around the corner to see a crowd cheering for you...it's emotional. Here I am trying to fight back the tears as I cross the finish line.

I have never been so happy to see the word "FINISH"... I was drained.

My biggest fans!


While my family waited the 2 hours for me to finish they had so much fun!! London's Run always makes it fun for the whole family.

They had face painting,

a helicopter they could get up close to and check out,

a scary animals petting zoo,


McKenzie's and Makayla's favorite was the inflatable bouncers and slides!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We were all very proud of you and your great accomplishment! You really are an example that if you put your mind to it and stick with it you can do it! We all look up to you in so many ways!

Our kids really had a good time waiting for you to cross that finish line too. They really do such a great job with that whole event.
Kris Ann

Woodside's said...

Great Job! You are amazing! Right now I have a hard time even running a mile. You inspire me!

The Hermyzoo! said...

WAY TO GO. I am so proud and inspired. I am glad you were able to run and heck you did it in good timing too. Looked like fun!

BLY and LOU said...

Congrats! We are very impressed. Way to go!

The Martin Family said...

Congrats Stacey. That's awesome you did it.

Jordan and Luci said...

That is AWESOME!!! That is so amazing! Congrats!!!