Monday, July 28, 2008

What An Eventful Weekend!!

It started off with a girls night out and slumber party with two really fun girls! We went shopping, got a treat, and just had lots of fun. They picked out matching p.j.'s and headbands. (To be young again, and have no worries in the world.)


(Callie & Cousin Kiara)






Saturday a special girl turned 4!!!




















We had such a fun day with her and the kids. We went to the movies to see "Space Chimps", Build a Bear, and lunch. McKenzie is such a fun loving girl, she is such a joy to be around. She is a girly girl in every way. She owns more purses and shoes than her mom does. She can bring a smile to anyone around, she is just a sweet heart. We love you McKenzie!



























We went to Uncle Eric's "Mini Sprinter" race. For a "rooky" he did pretty good. (Only wrecked once!) The kids thought he was so cool. Cousin Dylan even asked for his autograph when he was done. The kids had a blast taking turns sitting in his car after the race.











(The kids cheering him on!)

(This whole section were Eric fans)











(The kids posing with the "Celebrity")
Our last event was Sunday. I am embarrassed to even tell this story but I need a "feel sorry for you" moment. We woke up Sunday morning with the plans of going to my sister Kris Ann's babies blessing. I started doing the girls hair and noticed white stuff in Callies hair, and didn't think much of it, I was thinking along the lines of dandruff. I went on to do Makayla's hair, and instantly noticed bugs! (I know, totally gross) I freaked out and yelled for Clayton to go check her bed. Sure enough they were in there too. I started panicking, what the heck do you do? Callie and Mckenzie have been having itchy scalps for weeks, but I just thought it was from all the swimming and sun we have been getting, so I bought them itchy scalp shampoo. Anyways, on with the disgusting story, I immediately went to Walgreens and talked to the pharmacist, he told me it was most likely lice. I was so embarrassed, disgusted, and everything else you can think of. I always though kids with bad hygiene got lice. (It can happen to anyone) I bought 4 boxes of lice shampoo, 3 cans of spray for beds, couches, car seats, carpet and everything else they touch. We bleached every bath tub, sink, toilet, counter top, floor, sheets, and comb. I threw away every pony tail, hair ribbon and clips that the girls owned. I probably went a little over board, but y0u can't be to safe. My poor girls had to sit through hours of washing and pulling at every strand of hair on their head. My sister-in-law heard that if you put Vaseline in your hair and wear a shower cap to bed, it suffocates the lice, so that is what I did to myself, 25 shampoos, dawn soap washes, the orange hand cleaner that mechanics use later, my hair is still very, very, greasy. (It better have worked)
We are thinking it is from when we went to Rocky Point and got the girls hair braided by some Hispanic lady on the beach. So my point of the story is, never use community combs (at the beach) and lice happens to clean people! :) Sorry to my whole family that had to check their kids hair. And sorry for everyone reading this, you are probably itching your heads as you read this.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dont feel bad, we still love you guys. Better now than when school started.

Sheree and Brian Mowers said...

Wow! I'm sorry. I probably would have done the same thing. I don't think you went overboard!

Also, Happy Birthday McKensie! Hope she had a great one. Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun this weekend!

The Nelson Family said...

We missed you guys on Sunday. It really isn't the same when your family isn't around. I hope everyone has recovered from their "fun" weekend. It did make me itch as I was reading it...It will be a miracle if no one else comes down with it, as much as we've all been together lately...
Kris Ann

The Walter's Family said...

That is one thing I do NOT want Paityn to ever get thats for sure. We have been lucky so far. Her hair will be so hard to deal with. I was going to say that they really likes clean hair not dirty. It has been going around here from the public pools. Well I'm glad you got it taken care of. I can't believe you put that orange stuff in your hair. Thats funny. Well take care.

Steph

Jen B said...

Stac! The BLOG is fabulous! I've missed you ALLL Summer! Call and tell me who Callies new teacher is - we have to catch up! Jennifer

Laura said...

Gotta love the unexpected crap that happens when you have kids! I actually thought about that last time we were in Rocky Point when we got Charly's hair braided. I think we'll skip that next time we go!

Becky said...

Yuck, I'm sorry. But if you guys can get it, ANYONE can. You are the cleanest person I know. I hope your new expensive miracle shampoo takes care of it.

Brannon and Leslie said...

Oh now my head is itching. Stacy, I'm so sorry that happened to you guys. It can happen to anyone. What a bummer. Thank goodness it happened before school started. Your blog is adorable.

Stuart Family said...

Hey Stacey.Its Misty.I am so sorry.That sucks so bad.I am the same way.I would be freaking out too.My sisters kids had it along time ago from wearing baseball helmets during little league.Thats why my kids have their own helmets now when they play ball and they all laughed at me when we went to Mexico a few years ago and all the kids had their hair braided and I made the lady use my comb.They will never get their hair braided again.Gross.I'm glad you got it under control.Talk to you later.Tell Clayton hello.

The Hermyzoo! said...

Sorry to hear about all that hard work you had to go through last week. I can imagine you still having to wash you hair from all that vaseline. Hope it did the trick!