McKenzie was born with a herniated belly button. The doctor said most hernias in the belly button area will correct themselves by the age of two or three. Well, McKenzie wasn't that lucky, so she had to have surgery to correct it. She was so brave! The hospital offered a pre-op tour a couple days before her surgery, so Clayton took her to show her around. I am so glad he took her, after the tour she wasn't even scared for her surgery. She was so excited that the nurses told her to bring one of her favorite stuffed animals with her, she chose to bring "Bella" along for the excitement.
(poor girl, broke out in cold sores ALL over her lips the week before)
I was concerned the morning of her scheduled surgery, she had a little cough, so I thought for sure they would cancel it. The anesthesiologist came in and took a look and listened to her and said she was fine.
McKenzie didn't like the "coming out of it" feeling! The nurse put it best when she said, "she feels drunk, and can't figure out why. All she knows is that she never wants to feel this way again." (we hope not) Here are some pictures of our brave little trooper and her new cute belly button.

Before surgery playing with toys and blowing bubbles!


Trying to wake up, not to sure what just happened.

The finished product!

Dressed and ready to get the heck outta there!

Getting her free ride!

3 comments:
What a trooper! I would have been scared out of my mind! You have a brave daughter!
AWWWWW I'm so glad she pulled through!!!!
She looked so cute sitting on the hospital bed in scrubs!
Glad everything went well!
Oh...I have a little girl who gets cold sores too...isn't that terrible for them to have to deal with those nasty things?
Post a Comment