We lost a GREAT man two years ago today. Grandpa Welker was loved by many, and we miss him terribly. He was a great example of unconditional love, and a hard worker. He would do anything for anyone, he was so giving of his time, talents, and love.
We found out he had cancer and God gave us four months to spend many days and hours letting him know of our love. I know for a fact that those four months were given to us (his kids) to prepare ourselves for his leaving us. Dad was at peace with going, he was such a great example in his last days. I only wish that when my time comes that I can be like him. I know he is around everyday, my youngest (Makayla) was 6 months old when grandpa died, and you can ask her questions about him and she will talk like she knows him, I truly believe she does.
Dad, I love and miss you EVERY day and I thank you for letting me be raised by such a GREAT man. I try every day to make you proud, I know we will all be together again. I LOVE YOU!
This poem tells it best. (Thanks Kris Ann for letting me copy you)
God's Garden
God looked around his garden,
And found an empty place.
He then looked down upon the earth,
And saw your tired face.
He put his arms around you,
And lifted you to rest.
God's garden must be beautiful,
He always takes the best.
He knew you were in pain.
He knew that you were suffering.
He knew that you would never
get well on this earth again.
He saw the road was getting rough,
And the hills were hard to climb.
So he closed your weary eyelids,
And whispered, "Peace be thine."
It broke our hearts to lose you,
But you didn't go alone.
For part of us went with you,
The day God called you home.
God looked around his garden,
And found an empty place.
He then looked down upon the earth,
And saw your tired face.
He put his arms around you,
And lifted you to rest.
God's garden must be beautiful,
He always takes the best.
He knew you were in pain.
He knew that you were suffering.
He knew that you would never
get well on this earth again.
He saw the road was getting rough,
And the hills were hard to climb.
So he closed your weary eyelids,
And whispered, "Peace be thine."
It broke our hearts to lose you,
But you didn't go alone.
For part of us went with you,
The day God called you home.
Dad was young (53) so we have to think God needed him more in Heaven than he did on Earth.

4 comments:
Wow that one was hard to get through. I have tears streaming down my FACE. What an amazing poem and tribute to your father. Your dad was SUCH a great person and greatly missed. You do such a good job of keeping his memory ALIVE!
Ok that did it now I'm bawling my eyes out here. He was an AMAZING AMAZING man. I think about him a lot. I think about all of you guys a lot. I miss him terribly (probably because I didnt get to see him very often)... but I know where he is I know without a shadow of a doubt that he watches over all of us and that he's happy. I know that he misses all of us but I also know he's up there doing missionary work. I love you guys!
i still can't get over how much he and my dad are alike. Not just in looks, either. At the funeral when everyone kept talking about the kind of man that your dad was.... my mom and I kept looking at eachother saying "just like dad".
i still can't get over how much he and my dad are alike. Not just in looks, either. At the funeral when everyone kept talking about the kind of man that your dad was.... my mom and I kept looking at eachother saying "just like dad".
Post a Comment