Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Weekend....great for making memories!

We had such a FUN Memorial weekend! We started it out with a trip to Saguaro Lake for some jet skiing. My friend Becky and her two kids came with us, and I'm so glad they did! The kids played ALL day without any fights or crying. O.K. there was a little crying going on....when Becky tried to put her youngest in a life jacket to take her for a ride. (She wasn't going for it!)







Makayla and Elly playing like best buds!






The whole gang!








***Becky, lets be sure to read the rules of the lake before we go again, so next time we won't get any hand gestures thrown our way!!




On Sunday, (I know.. shame, shame) we had a block party/moving party for one of our great neighbors. We have done this twice before but this was one party that will be hard to beat. The food was delish, the games were fun, and the company was out of this world! We are SO blessed to live on a street such as ours....there are kids EVERYWHERE and they are all friends. (the moms are too!) So fun! We are sad to see one of own leave, Donna you will be missed. John who the heck am I going to have water fights with now? It's okay like I told you, "You'll be back...I give you six months and you'll be back." (Mark my words!)






On Monday we tried to go to the lake again, but it was CLOSED!! I have never heard of such a thing, they said too many people were there and they couldn't let any more people go. We tried to be sneaky and find another way in....all three ways were blocked with cops. So we ended up going to Fountain Hills and having a picnic and letting the kids play in the water at the park. We then went to Basha High School for more swimming. If you haven't been there, it's a must! My kids thought it was a mini SunSplash, they loved it. Best part is costs $0.50 to get in, we will be spending lots of time there this summer, for sure!

So mad I forgot to take pictures!

Clayton took the day off on Tuesday, so the fun continued. We took the kids to a movie and lunch and of coarse we ended up at the pool afterward, I swear my kids are part fish.

I wish every weekend could be a long weekend, we had a blast!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Thanks for the fun weekend. I heard someone died at Saguaro Lake on Monday. Maybe that's why it was closed?