I trained for the Whiskey Row 10k (6.2 miles) race in Prescott for about a month and all the training paid off! I ran it in 1 hour and 6 minutes! I was hoping to beat my time from my London's Run I did back in January (1 hour 2 min.). DARN! I am still very proud of my accomplishment of just doing it, the altitude and all the hills are enough to kill you. The first 1/2 mile into the race all that was running through my head was, "What the heck did I get myself into? I'm NEVER gonna be able to finish this." My lungs were burning so bad from the altitude, but I ran through it and finished! The hills were intense but the scenery was AMAZING! I would not mind one bit if we had to move there!
Clayton's dad and sister (Rashel) were crazy enough to run the 1/2 marathon (13.1 miles) and they did AWESOME -- someday I'll try it, but for now 6 miles is plenty for me! The amazing thing is that Clayton's dad just started running in January!! And to complete a 1/2 marathon is OUTSTANDING! Great job grandpa!
(Before the race!)
We have no idea what we are about to endure! O.K. Rashel does - she did it last year!
Me..Home stretch!
Rashel

Grandpa!

After the race! We are all proud of what we just accomplished.



A Big thanks to all the family that traveled to come support us! We love you.


7 comments:
WOW! You are AMAZING! Good job!
You look as good after as you do before! Good job!
Wow Stacey! I'm impressed...and jealous that you're kicking butt. You are amazing.
Wow...that's amazing. You look great by the way. Maybe someday I'll enjoy running...Maybe not!!
Good job girl! I hope to be able to run the 10k for the 4th of July this year. We will see. I am so out of shape and I am having a hard time getting outside to run with a 6 month old. But you are getting me motivated!:)
That is quite the accomplishment! You are Amazing!
I am super proud of you all TOO!!!! Way to go. That's a huge accomplishment Stacey, way to go.
Post a Comment